These are a handful of frequently asked questions regarding on-location beauty services for various special occasions, rates and general operations. For bridal related questions click here. If you don’t see your question below, please don’t hesitate contact me directly with your questions. I’d be more than happy help however I can.
What can I expect during a service?
- I strive to meet everyone’s unique needs and exceed your expectations, while providing professional quality services and reasonable prices. As a mobile makeup service provider you can expect on time arrival, sanitary brushes and comprehensive knowledge of application techniques. Enjoy a relaxing and memorable experience in the comfort of your home or hotel. Equipped with portable table and chair, you can book a beauty service at any location both outdoor and indoor.
Do you require a deposit? What forms of payment do you accept?
- Yes, I do require a deposit/retainer to hold your date if your service isn't being paid in full through the website. Your date will not be held without a retainer fee. To discuss paying a deposit please contact me directly and I will make accommodations if the date is available. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, Card (Visa, MasterCard, Express paid electronically via PayPal or Venmo App (Available on IOS/Android) or check payment.
Is gratuity included in your service price?
- No, gratuity is not included in your service. While it is not expected or required, tips are greatly appreciated.
What is your cancellation policy?
- I understand that special circumstances are unavoidable and a cancellation may be necessary. If you find yourself unable to keep and appointment, I request at least 48 hours’ notice to avoid any penalty or forfeiture of the remaining balance. This courtesy enables Faces by Amelia to schedule another client and, in turn, maintains a higher availability of services for you as well as others. Please note that all deposits made are final and are non-refundable. If you wish to reschedule your appointment, your deposit can become a "rolling deposit" and you will be charged a $20 rescheduling fee. All cancellations made after the 48hr window will be billed for the agreed upon total remaining balance. Your understanding and consideration is greatly appreciated.
What are your travel rates? How far will you travel?
- Faces By Amelia Cosmetic Designs currently services Phoenix, West Valley and East Valley. As a Tempe based business clients in Tempe and West Mesa are not charged a travel fee. Depending what part of the valley your are located your travel fee can range from $10-30. To get an idea of your travel fee take the number of minutes it will take to travel to your location from Tempe, AZ and round to the nearest 5. For client's located in Tucson, Flagstaff, Prescott or out of state please Contact Me directly for travel and lounge inquiries.
How long will the makeup last?
- The makeup will last full day (8-15 hours). During a brief consultation we will discuss your skin type, problem areas (dryness/oily) and any potential activity concerns to access the best makeup strategy personalized to your needs. Using a variety of application and makeup setting techniques you can rest assured your face will retain a flawless airbrush finish throughout wear and require minimal to no touch ups. Touch up samples and applicators can be provided upon request.